Your main entrance door is the most important thing you should balance in the first place. Your main entrance to your home is the entrance for the energy and what kind of energy will come in your home depends upon your main door (whether it is balanced or not). Your main entrance will determine whether the Feng Shui of your home is good or bad.
Before even you think about feng shui of your home, protect and feng shui your main entrance first. Below are important feng shui tips for your main door.
1) Main door should be always of color according to your individual feng shui map (This is a secret and it is revealed in my e-book Treasury feng shui secrets of success and riches).
2) Main door should look solid and protective.
3) Main door should open inwards
4) Main door should open into an open space.
5) Main door should look out to an open space.
6) Main door should not be under a toilet/bathroom
7) Main door should be located at one of your house's fortunate location
8) Main door should face one of your personal fortunate direction.
9) Main door should not face a stair case or toilet
10) Size of main door should be measured to fortunate dimensions using a Secret emperors' sizes (they are described in my e-book Create your luck with personal Feng shui)